If you are looking for a way to help the Capuchin Soup Kitchen, we would be very grateful for the following....
Please bring your donation to the Capuchin Services Center, 6333 Medbury St, Detroit, MI 48211. (Located near I-94 and Mt. Elliott)
Donations accepted Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM and Saturday, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Capuchin Soup Kitchen’s Wish List
- 2 stainless steel tables (Preferably 3ft and 4ft in lenth)
- New men's and women's underwear and socks
- A flatbed cart (like one you use in a warehouse)
- Canned and nonperishable food items (tuna, peanut butter, spaghetti, etc)
- Sample size toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, comb)
- Children’s books for all age levels (African-American authors preferred)
- Cash donations for bus tickets so guests can go to medical appointments, job interviews, or work
Children's Program Wish List
- We have several families’ that are without a computer or laptop in the home. A majority of the schools give out assignments, homework, and even textbooks online. Several students are having a hard time academically due to the lack of computers in the home. If you have an old laptop or old computer system in good working condition we have several families that would benefit.
- Flash drives
- Earbuds (headphones)
- Garden trowels
Donations or items can be dropped off at the Children’s Program, Capuchin Soup Kitchen, 4390 Conner, Detroit, 10 AM – 6 PM.
Earthworks also has a wish list! Please call 313.579.2100, ext. 204 if you can help with any of the following:
Earthworks needs a bobcat for its gardens and an LCD projector for its classroom. Do you have a truck you can donate?
Also needed for Earthworks:
- an industrial salad spinner
- dry erase markers
- dry erase boards
- food mills
- galvanized metal wash tubs
- a collapsible hand truck
- recycling bins
- harvest knives
- hand trowels
- soil rakes
- pitch folks
- spading forks
- another wheel hoe with – 12” blade
- gift certificates to Johnny’s Selected Seeds
- lumber for making raised beds – 2x10’s or 2x12’s untreated
- commercial gas powered weed whacker
- cordless drills
- commercial sized salad spinners.
- wood chipper
- digital camera
- flip cameras