Ways to Give
The Capuchin Soup Kitchen provides assistance to people in need … free of charge … every single day! The Capuchin Soup Kitchen receives 99.5% of all funding from individual and corporate contributions and special events.
Online (Credit Card and Bank Account Withdrawls)
Check: Send a check (made out to Capuchin Soup Kitchen) or credit card gift through the mail to:
Capuchin Soup Kitchen
1820 Mt. Elliott
Detroit, MI 48207
If you wish to discuss your financial donation, please phone or E-mail Br. Larry LaCross (313.579.2100)
Matching Gifts - If you wish to give a donation and your employer participates in the Matching Gift Program, please include the Matching Gift Form (available from your employer) with the employee section filled out. We will be happy to fill out our portion and send it in for the Matching Gift.
- Charitable Bequest in a Will or Trust
- A charitable bequest stipulates that a specific amount (a percentage or the remainder of your estate) be given to Capuchin Soup Kitchen after your lifetime. Gifts from your estate to CSK are exempt from estate tax.
- Life insurance in the form of an old policy no longer needed by the original beneficiary or a newly created policy to benefit CSK can be a helpful investment in the organization. Small premiums now may generate a major gift in the future, and premiums for these policies often are tax deductible. Many employers provide group life insurance as a benefit, and CSK may be named for a portion of proceeds.
- Charitable Gift Annuities
Real Estate Gifts
- Real estate gifts may include developed property, undeveloped property or gifts subject to a prior life interest. Prior to acceptance of real estate, CSK will require an environmental review of the property to ensure that the property has no environmental issues that may subject CSK to legal and financial liability.