Wish List and In-Kind Donation Safety Guidelines
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our procedures of receiving in-kind donation has been revised to ensure public health safety. We thank you for all your time and help with this work.
Where to Donate:
- Donations can be accepted at the Capuchin Services Center, 6333 Medbury St, Detroit, MI 48211
- Donations accepted Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
How to Donate:
- Please have all donation items in bags or boxes if possible
- Please place all donations in trunk or as far back as possible in the vehicle
- Follow directions of the signs and staff. Pull up into the garage.
- Remain in your vehicle and put on a face covering to cover your mouth and nose.
- Advise the attendant of what you are donating. (see the donation guidelines below under “What to Donate”). Please note that donations will be accepted at the discretion of staff.
- The attendants will unload the bagged/boxed donated items from your vehicle.
- If requested, a donation receipt is provided.
- All donations will be stored at least 24 hours before being handled by employees and/or given to guests.
What to Donate:
- Accepted Donations:
- Clean, gently used quality clothing (men and children’s clothing are always in greatest demand)
- Clothing accessories such as belts, hats, and shoes.
- New men’s and women’s underwear, socks, and hygiene items especially for our shower program
- Used or new shoes and boots especially for men and children
- Winter gear
- Bed and bath linens.
- Baby and adult diapers.
- Gas and electric stoves in good working condition
- Refrigerators in good working condition (no more than 12 years old)
- Dishes, pots and pans, silverware, small working appliances
- Non-perishable food items (commercially manufactured and packaged)
- Not Accepted Donations:
- Furniture such as lamps, chairs, or couches
- Electronics such as used computers or televisions
- Used children’s toys, infant furniture, car seats, strollers, cribs, etc.
- Clothing with bad odor, dirt, hair, or clear signs of pest or bed bugs.
- Household chemicals
- Medical supplies