The Capuchin Soup Kitchen is a ministry of the Province of St. Joseph of the Capuchin Order and we are always ready to offer spiritual care to anyone who seeks it. Guided by the spirit of St. Francis of Assisi, it is this Catholic spirit that sets the Capuchin Soup Kitchen apart from so many other social services agencies. One can sense this spirit immediately upon passing through its doors. The caring and gentle nature of all who serve are a reflection of the passion for service to people that was exemplified by St. Francis.
Pastoral Services Provided:
- A gathering prayer of thanksgiving is said over our time together at the beginning of each meal
- During every weekday breakfast and lunch gathering at our Conner location, prayer and reflection times are available in our chapel
- One of our Pastoral Care staff are available to pray with you, speak with you, and provide counsel during breakfast and lunch every weekday at both our Conner and Meldrum sites, and during dinner at our Conner site
- A Women's Reading and Reflection group meets every Tuesday from 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Watch this space for announcements regarding the return of NA meetings to our Conner site
The Pastoral Care office welcomes suggestions for activities and events to promote to guests, staff, and volunteers. Please contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns.